這篇Sick是從Shel Silverstein的作品 Where the Sidewalk Ends出來的,是我最喜歡的一篇。


內容是在寫小女孩 Peggy Ann McKay 早上起床就說她不能上學,因為她生病了。她真的很厲害,能編出一大堆病,她把所有的病都數完了,最後發現是星期六,馬上就跑出去玩了!

在這篇裡面,你還可以學到很多我們一般較少會去用的病名,或是不舒服時症狀的說法。有些聽起來就是他自己胡謅的,可別亂學喔。

 

 

 


 

Sick from Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein

 

'I cannot go to school today, '   「我今天不能上學。」
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.  小女孩Peggy Ann McKay 說。
'I have the measles and the mumps,  「我得了痲疹和腮腺炎,
A gash, a rash and purple bumps.  有個傷口、有疹子和紫色腫塊,
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,  我的嘴是溼的,我的喉嚨是乾的,
I'm going blind in my right eye.  我的右眼瞎了,
My tonsils are as big as rocks,  我的扁桃腺像石塊一樣大,
I've counted sixteen chicken pox  我數過了有十六個水痘,
And there's one more-that's seventeen,  還有一個-那就是十七個,
And don't you think my face looks green?  你不覺得我的臉色慘綠?
My leg is cut-my eyes are blue-  我的腳被切了-眼睛是藍的,
It might be instamatic flu.  可能是立成感冒,
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,  我咳嗽、打噴嚏、氣喘、窒息,
I'm sure that my left leg is broke-  我很肯定我的左腳斷了,
My hip hurts when I move my chin,  我動我的下巴時屁股會痛,
My belly button's caving in,  我的肚臍往裡面縮進去,
My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,  我的背拉到,我的腳踝扭傷,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.  每次下雨我的盲腸就痛,
My nose is cold, my toes are numb.  我的鼻子是冷的,腳趾沒感覺,
I have a sliver in my thumb.  我的大拇指有個裂縫,
My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,  我的脖子僵硬,聲音虛弱,
I hardly whisper when I speak.  我說話時勉強小聲說,
My tongue is filling up my mouth,  我的舌頭填滿了我的嘴,
I think my hair is falling out.  我想我在掉頭髮,
My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,  我的手肘彎了,脊椎不正,
My temperature is one-o-eight.  我的體溫是一百零八度,(美國用華氏,104度就已經是攝氏四十度了。)
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,  我的腦子縮水,我聽不到,
There is a hole inside my ear.  我的耳朵裡有個洞,
I have a hangnail, and my heart is-what?  我指甲旁有個肉刺,我的心-什麼?
What's that? What's that you say?  那是什麼?你說的是什麼?
You say today is...Saturday?  你說今天是...星期六?
G'bye, I'm going out to play! ' 再見,我要出去玩了!」
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    Big Fish 發表在 痞客邦 留言(1) 人氣()